Thomas Flint Landscape Design & Development was started in 2004 with myself and 2 employees. Our focus was the same in 2004 as it is now, constructing high quality outdoor living spaces and swimming pools while offering the best customer service and experience in the industry.
We do not cut grass or do maintenance we focus purely and only on construction. The company has grown to 19 employees over the last 12 years all of which have been hand selected because they have the right attitude and mindset to fit the framework of the company. Our people are dedicated to the trade and our customers, we love our jobs! The proof is in our portfolio.
Over the last 12 years we have fought the urge to get “bigger” and instead focused on getting better, more efficient and understanding what our customers are looking for.
We have an experienced staff of some of the best minds in the business from the bottom up. Owner operator Thomas Flint has a Bachelors Degree in Landscape Design from SUNY Cobleskill and has studied landscape construction around the word before starting the business in 2004. Our Landscape Designers are first class, Andy Kosits has been designing some of the most creative and functional landscapes for over 25 years. He has won numerous awards for his work over the last several years. Jessica Orellano is a formally trained and experienced landscape designer with over 10 years of industry experience and a Bachelor Degree in Landscape Design. Garrett Smith, our project manager also graduated SUNY Cobleskill with a Bachelor Degree in Plant Science and Ornamental Horticulture. Managing our pool construction is Keith Steinhoff a Certified Building Professional, Certified Service Professional and over 20 years of hands on construction experience building some of the most detailed and complicated swimming pools in the country.
The experience with us is different than others in our area because; we are on the cutting edge, we have passion, creativity and are having fun doing it. The owner is closely involved in each project, we are big enough to handle these large projects but small enough to care.
Known for outstanding service and competitive pricing, Thomas Flint provides landscape design and landscape planting, pool renovations, custom swimming pools and water features, custom stonework, patios and paver walkways, and outdoor lighting. We are a New Jersey tri-state landscaping company that offers a full spectrum of landscape design and construction services, all of which are personalized to suit our customers’ ideas and desires. Through attention to detail and adherence to strict construction standards, we ensure the flawless completion of every project. All of our landscape and hardscape services in New Jersey, New York, and Connecticut are backed by a solid lifetime warranty.
When it comes to choosing a landscaping contractor, you want someone who can guide you in making the best choices, handle the details as you go about your busy life, and above all, deliver on their promises. That someone is Thomas Flint Landscape Design and Development. Since 2003, we’ve been exceeding the expectations of homeowners across New Jersey, New York, and Connecticut. As a leading New Jersey tri-state area landscaping company, we offer:
Led by owner Tom Flint, a formally trained landscape designer, our people have decades of collective experience in their respective trades—and they’re passionate about what they do. In addition to their everyday work on-site, our exceptionally talented masons and craftsmen participate in ongoing industry training to keep their skills fresh and relevant.
Our goal is to produce an outdoor living space that fits the way you and your family live. To do this, we incorporate your needs and desires with our own expert recommendations, providing solutions—not just service. Beyond assisting you with things like material selection, we may advise site changes and enhancements that will maximize the beauty and functionality of your space.
Understanding the potential stress involved with any home project, we strive to make it a pleasurable experience right from the start. This involves minimizing disruptions to your routine and guiding you through the entire process, step by step, to ensure there are no surprises. It also means staying on the job every day until the work is done to your satisfaction.
At Thomas Flint, our success is the result of focusing on one thing—and doing it better than anyone else in the New Jersey Tri-State area. Having an in-house team of skilled stone masons allows us to deliver projects with the utmost speed and precision. That’s how we’re able to provide our customers with exclusive, hand-cut stone designs at an affordable cost.
Meet Our Team
Owner operator Thomas Flint has a Bachelors Degree in Landscape Design from SUNY Cobleskill and has studied landscape construction around the word before starting the business in 2004.
Andy Kosits has been designing some of the most creative and functional landscapes for over 25 years. He has won numerous awards for his work over the last several years.
Garrett Smith, our project manager also graduated SUNY Cobleskill with a Bachelor Degree in Plant Science and Ornamental Horticulture. Managing our pool construction is Keith Steinhoff a Certified Building Professional, Certified Service Professional and over 20 years of hands on construction experience building some of the most detailed and complicated swimming pools in the country.
Here Are 10 Reasons People Love
Thomas Flint Landscape Design & Development
- We design, build and maintain ALL of your outdoor spaces, including pools, patios, landscape and more, ensuring that each element fits and flows together in the exact style that you want.
- We’ve got extensive experience building some of the most intricate and detailed pools in the country.
- We’ve won multiple awards for our pool designs AND our landscape designs.
- We have an A+ reputation with the BBB.
- We’re active members of the Association of Pool and Spa Professionals (APSP®) and the New Jersey Landscape Contractors Association (NJLCA®).
- We have a Certified Building Professional (CBP®) and a Certified Pool Operator (CPO®) on staff.
- We have outstanding client references and testimonials.
- Our pools are both healthy and extremely efficient, thanks to the sophisticated plumbing and engineering that we use with our state of the art equipment.
- We have comprised a team of the industries best craftsman with hands-on experience building some of the most technical swimming pools and outdoor living spaces in the country.
- We also have a local office with showroom and design studio.
Associations and Certifications
Thomas Flint Landscape Design is proud to be a member in good standing with all of the following organizations:
Thomas Flint Landscape Design is proud to be a member in good standing with all of the following organizations:
APSP – “THE ASSOCIATION OF POOL & SPA PROFESSIONALS”
The APSP is the world’s largest international trade association representing the swimming pool, spa, hot tub and recreational water industries. APSP is the leading industry advocate promoting professional best practices through education, industry standards, and safety. APSP members adhere to a code of ethics in business and technical practices and share a strong commitment to the safe, healthful, and enjoyable use of industry products.
The APSP effectively replaced another well-known industry organization known as “National Pool and Spa Institute” or NSPI in 2006.
More information at: The Association of Pool & Spa Professionals APSP Member Code of Ethics All members of The Association of Pool & Spa Professionals agree to be dedicated to and to comply with the following ethical principles and policies:
To contribute to the health, safety and welfare of the public in the design, manufacture, installation, maintenance and operation of swimming pools, spas and hot tubs by complying with all applicable laws, ordinances or regulations and refraining from engaging in fraudulent or deceptive acts or practices.
- To hold all necessary federal, state and local licenses, registrations and permits.
- To hold legally required liability insurance, workers’ compensation insurance, and bonding.
- To respect and not infringe upon the intellectual property rights of others and to refrain from using the property of others without their prior, written consent.
- To advertise products, services and prices truthfully and consistently with all federal, state and local advertising practices requirements.
- To establish prices in a manner that does not involve collusion with a competitor and to clearly communicate such prices to potential customers or clients prior to providing such products or services.
- To provide written sales agreements when such are requested by customers or required by law.
- To comply with the terms of all agreements, oral or written, regarding the provision of products or services.
- To respond to any consumer complaints made to any governmental authority, Better Business Bureau or equivalent nongovernmental authority.
- To exclude from company ownership or senior management any person or entity who or which, within the past three (3) years, has been convicted of or pleaded no contest (or its equivalent) to any felony or other crime involving business or financial practices.
- To use the APSP name, logo and other intellectual property only when and as permitted by APSP, and to cease all such use upon suspension from or termination of membership in APSP.
- To file a complaint with APSP regarding a potential violation of this Code of Ethics only when in possession of credible evidence of such potential violation.
- To cooperate fully with any APSP investigation of a potential violation of this Code of Ethics.
- To encourage utilization of APSP educational offerings as a means of enhancing the professional skills and business integrity of APSP members and their employees.
BBB – “BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU”
The BBB is a private, non-profit organization whose mission is to promote and foster the highest ethical standards between companies and their customers in the areas of:
- Dependable Service
- Honesty In Advertising
- Honest Business Practices
- Reliable Complaint Handling Procedures
Examples of services provided by the BBB are Business Reliability Reports, Dispute Resolution, Truth-in-Advertising, Consumer and Business Education and Charity Review.
To be a member of the BBB, an applicant must:
- Be invited to apply for membership by a staff person or Director of the Bureau.
- Be actively engaged in business, in the BBB’s service area, for no less than 6 months.
- Supply background information about the company, its principals or other information deemed essential to the BBB.
- Cooperate with the BBB’s activities and efforts to promote voluntary self-regulation within the business industry.
- Adhere to established BBB standards of advertising and selling, including the Code of Online Business Practices for online businesses that apply for the BBBOnLine Reliability logo, and cooperate with the BBB in matters relating thereto.
- Promptly respond to any and all complaints forwarded by the BBB, and make good faith efforts to resolve all such complaints in accordance with generally accepted good business practices.
- Comply with any decisions rendered through the Bureau’s or an alternative provider’s binding arbitration program.
Eliminate the underlying causes of patterns of consumer complaints that the BBB may call to the company’s attention.
Be free from an unsatisfactory report at the BBB in whose service area the company is headquartered.
- Be free from any governmental action concerning the marketplace and its customers that demonstrates a significant failure of the company to support the principals and purposes of the BBB.
- Support the principles and purposes of the BBB and not engage in any activity that reflects unfavorably on the BBB and its members.
- Refrain from using the name or logo of the BBB for commercial, sales or advertising purposes in any manner not specifically authorized in writing by the BBB.
- Promptly notify the Bureau of any changes in ownership, licensing status, addresses, telephone numbers, web site and any other information deemed necessary by the Bureau.
- Fulfill all licensing and bonding requirements of applicable city, county, state and federal agencies and authorities, and provide license numbers upon application for BBB membership and provide periodic updates on request of the BBB.
Businesses earning the right to be included in this organization have a strong reputation of taking care of their customers. More information at: Better Business Bureau
CBP® – CERTIFIED BUILDING PROFESSIONAL®
A Certified Building Professional® is an individual who has passed all the rigorous requirements of the APSP’s Certified Building Professional® training program. Graduates of the course learn the skills and value system pertaining to high ethical standards, commitment to the highest standards of workmanship and construction, business stability, and superior customer relations. After completion of the training, all graduates must complete continuing education requirements on an ongoing basis in order to maintain their CBP® certification.
More information at http://apsp.org/education-certification/apsp-career-institute/cbp-program-become-a-certified-building-professional.aspx
CSP® – CERTIFIED SERVICE PROFESSIONAL®
CSP A Certified Service Professional® is an individual who has passed all the rigorous requirements of the APSP’s Certified Service Professional® training program. The three-level technical training program (TECH I, TECH II, and CSP) provides practical knowledge for technicians and service professionals, from structures and electrical systems, to hydraulics, pumps, and filters, to water chemistry and maintenance. APSP members who successfully complete all three levels are granted the program’s highest credential
CSP™ – Certified Service Professional®.
Afterwards, all graduates must complete continuing education requirements on an ongoing basis in order to maintain their CSP® certification. More information at http://www.apsp.org/EducationCertification/content.cfm?ItemNumber=854
NESPA – NORTHEAST SPA & POOL ASSOCIATION
NESPA_Logo-sm Northeast Spa & Pool Association (NESPA), Founded in 1950, has been affiliated with the Association of Pool & Spa Professionals (APSP). NESPA consist of five chapters – Capital (covering upstate NY), CONSPA (covering Connecticut), Long Island, Metro NY-NJ and PennJersey. Members include service companies, builders/installer, distributors, retail stores, manufacturer’s agents, manufacturers, independent pool and spa service companies and sub-contractors. NESPA is the owner and producer of the Atlantic City Pool & Spa Show, one of the swimming pool industry’s largest events. The Show draws 11,000 people to Atlantic City for four days of educational, business and social activities each year.
THE INTERLOCKING CONCRETE PAVEMENT INSTITUTE (ICPI)
icpi_logo The Interlocking Concrete Pavement Institute (ICPI), founded in 1993, is the North American trade association representing the interlocking concrete paving industry. ICPI is considered by peer associations around the world as the leader in development and dissemination of technical information for design professionals and contractors. ICPI engages in a broad range of technical, marketing, educational, government relations and communications activities. Membership consists of interlocking paver manufacturers, design professionals, paver installation contractors and suppliers of products and services related to the industry.
NEW JERSEY LANDSCAPE CONTRACTORS ASSOCIATION (NJLCA)
njlca_logo Certification is a national hands-on testing program exclusively administered in New Jersey by the New Jersey Landscape Contractors Association (NJLCA) in conjunction with the Professional Landcare Network (PLANET). Certification seeks to recognize proficiency in the landscape workforce, upgrade the status of the landscape professional, and provide the public with a means of identifying qualified landscape professionals within the industry.
From Our Clients
With hundreds of projects completed, Thomas Flint has some great imagery, but here is what our clients are saying about our work.
Just writing to express my thanks for a fantastic job well done by the team at Thomas Flint. It was definitely a pleasure working with Tom and the team there. From the initial start of the requested project through the end everything went as planned and we could not be more pleased with the outcome. Not only was everything completed much quicker than I had expected, it was done thoroughly. I look forward to working with Tom and everyone again in the near future!Sean
Thanks so much for all your hard work in transforming our backyard. We were able to have a wonderful Mother’s Day barbecue on the patio, and the new plantings and grass looked great. Thanks again. Keep up the good work around town. I’ll be sure to refer you to all who ask for a top-flight landscape design team!Tom and Lynda
Let's Start Something new
Free Design Estimate
Every landscape creation begins with an in-depth understanding of the customer’s requirements. We integrate our architectural and design expertise with your personal goals to produce an outdoor space that complements your lifestyle.